OUR MISSION: HONESTY & INTEGRITY
AC Repair in San Antonio, TX
Providing Quality Air Conditioning Service Since 1972
The last thing you need is for your air conditioning unit to stop working during the warm summer months in San Antonio. Luckily, IKE'S Air Conditioning can help keep your home cool when you need it the most. When your AC unexpectedly breaks, you need reliable service as fast as possible. When you need honest work at an upfront, affordable price, give us a call.
Our trusted family-and-veteran owned business offers 100% customer satisfaction for our products and air conditioning services. We provide extended warranties for high-efficiency air conditioning equipment so you know that your system is always taken care of. Put your confidence in our skilled technicians for fast and reliable AC repair in San Antonio, TX.
Call IKE’S Air Conditioning at (210) 405-6116 for dependable 24/7 AC repair in San Antonio, TX!
the Right San Antonio Air Conditioner Repair Solution
There are many reasons why your air conditioning system may need repair. If your AC system is getting older, you may find regular wear-and-tear has resulted in a fan belt that has worn out, a defective motor or compressor, or frozen coils. In an air conditioning unit, there are many underlying causes of problems. Thankfully, our highly-trained AC repair technicians in San Antonio can identify the root of the issue and provide the right solution.
Common Signs You Need AC Repair
- The air conditioner won’t turn on - This usually happens because of an electrical problem, so make sure to double check that you don't have any blown fuses. If that's not the issue then call in our San Antonio air conditioning repair pros to get your unit back to working normally.
- Water is leaking from the unit - It's possible that ice has accumulated on your unit due to poor airflow and melted water is dripping. If you're not seeing ice and just noticing water leaking from the unit, then it's likely that there's a leak in your condensate drain line or you have an overflowing drain pan.
- The fans in the unit do not turn on - If your fans aren't working properly, your unit will still create cold air but it won't go anywhere which could cause the coil to freeze. A frozen coil is an urgent problem, so be sure to turn off your system and call us for repairs ASAP.
- Weird noises coming from the AC - Air conditioners will always make a little bit of noise when they run, but if the noises seem very loud or unusual, you should call for repairs. Pay attention to anything that sounds like banging, grinding, whistling, or screeching.
- Warm air is exiting your air conditioning unit - If you're not getting cold air from your air conditioning unit, then what exactly is it doing? It's possible this is a thermostat issue or it could be that poor airflow is inhibiting your unit from properly cooling.
Why Isn't My AC System Turning On?
If your AC system won't turn on, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can look into before calling a professional. If your AC system still won't turn on after checking these, you likely have a larger problem on your hands.
Fortunately, IKE’S Air Conditioning is here to help! Our AC repair technicians in San Antonio understand the chaos that accompanies air conditioning problems, so you can rest assured we’ll always respond quickly to get your system back up and running as soon as possible.
AC troubleshooting tips:
- Check the thermostat - There are three main problems that can arise with your thermostat: it’s incorrectly set (e.g., if you accidentally have it set to “heat” instead of “cool”), has low or dead batteries, or is completely broken and irreparable, which quickly disables the whole system’s ability to function normally. Fortunately, all three of these issues can be taken care of right away, especially if all that needs to be done is simply flipping the switch to “cool” or replacing the batteries. If your thermostat is flat out broken, you’ll likely need to replace it, but this is still a far simpler and more affordable fix than a complete AC replacement.
- Check your circuit breaker - If your thermostat isn’t the culprit, the next area you should check is the circuit breaker. If something caused your breaker to trip, or go out, this prevents the electrical current that powers your system from ever reaching it. Before you try to reset it, search your home to see if you can identify what caused the trip so you can resolve the issue before resetting it. If you’re unable to identify the problem, go ahead and reset it, but resort to calling a local electrician to diagnose and solve the problem if it persists.
- Check the air filter - If it’s been a while since you’ve replaced your air filter, this could very well be the problem. Dirty or clogged filters not only contribute to poor indoor air quality, but can also cause your AC unit to freeze or stop turning on. Check your filter and replace it right away if it’s dirty.
If you've taken the above steps and still haven't determined the cause of the problem, it's likely that it's a bigger issue that should be handled by a professional such as a refrigerant leak or a damaged motor.
Is It Time to Replace My Air Conditioner?
There will come a time when it will make more financial sense to replace your broken air conditioning system instead of paying for repairs. The expert San Antonio HVAC technicians at IKE'S Air Conditioning can provide you with the best solution for your needs and never try to up-sell you on a product you don't need. We also offer AC maintenance to help keep your system in top working order.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
You might want to consider replacing your air conditioner if you notice any of the following:
- Your AC is over 10 years old - Exactly how long your AC unit lasts depends on use, environment and maintenance levels. But if your AC is older than ten years old, you should think twice before throwing more money into AC repair.
- The repair is really expensive - If there is one repair that costs almost half the price of a new unit, you should opt for the new unit instead because replacement is just over the horizon.
- Your unit requires R22 Freon - Because of the 2020 ban, Freon coolant is going to become more and more expensive over time. It's not illegal to still use, but the production of the coolant has ended and it will only get more scarce.
- Repair after repair - While our San Antonio AC repair experts will always be happy to see you, if they're over so much to repair your air conditioner that you're becoming friends, then maybe you should get a new unit!
- Utility bills are on the rise - One thing all old AC units have in common is they become less efficient over time. If your AC is causing your utility bills to skyrocket, then it may be too old for another AC repair.
Why Choose IKE'S Air Conditioning?
Our specialized technicians have received the Angie’s List Super Service Award for our air conditioning repair services in San Antonio. We offer the best and most preferred air conditioning products on the market today, including Amana HVAC units, Mitsubishi ductless AC units, and Daikin ductless AC units.
Need AC repair in San Antonio or the surrounding areas? Call today or contact us online to get started!
We Prioritize Honesty & Integrity
100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Flexible & Affordable Financing Options Available
Our Fully Stocked Warehouse Saves You Time on Delivery & Repairs
Technicians Available 24/7
Proudly Family-Owned & Veteran Operated
At IKE'S Air Conditioning, we strive to provide fast, efficient and thorough service so you stay safe and comfortable in your space. The care we pour into each job is one of the many reasons we are the premier heating and air conditioning team in San Antonio. Just take a look at and see what our past customers are saying about us!