Comfort is important, many families end up paying too much to keep their homes at their preferred temperature by keeping outdated HVAC systems that are not running efficiently.
Money Saving HVAC Maintenance Tips
Here are some simple things you can do to save money and keep your system well maintained.
- System tune up - Make sure your system is running efficiently with an air conditioning tune up. The best time to have your HVAC system serviced is before the summer or winter.
- Natural Sunlight - During the summertime, keep your shades and window coverings closed while you are away. Covering your windows will help to reduce the amount of heat from the sun that enters your home. During the winter months allow the sunlight into your home to warm it up naturally.
- Seal cooling ducts - Sealing your home’s central air ductwork in the attic can improve the airflow and increase HVAC efficiency by up to 20%. Airflow leakage often occurs in ductwork which can be costing you money if it’s not sealed properly.
- Update your system - If your air conditioning system is over 10 years old, or is simply not doing the job, you should consider replacing it with a high-efficiency cooling system. Ike’s Air Conditioning will come to your home and provide a free consultation and estimate to help determine the most cost-effective option for you.
- Replace air filters regularly - For just a few bucks a month you can replace your home’s air filters. Clean filters help prevent dirt and dust from building up in the HVAC system. Dirty air filters can lead to early system failure and circulate dirty air throughout your home that is not good for your health. At the very least, your home’s air filter should be changed every three months.
- Use a programmable thermostat - There is no reason to have your home’s heating or A/C system running all day when no one is home. A programmable thermostat will help you save money by not wasting electricity on heating and cooling costs when no one is home. You can program the thermostat to different temperatures for when you are at home and away, ensure you are comfortable but also saving money.
Schedule your HVAC maintenance service today by calling Ike’s Air Conditioning at (210) 405-6116 or contact us online!