OUR MISSION: HONESTY & INTEGRITY
AC Installation in San Antonio, TX
Providing Emergency AC installation in San Antonio & Bexar county for Over 45 Years
Are you noticing that your utility bills are higher than expected? Does the San Antonio, Texas weather leave you dripping with sweat? You might want to start with a new air conditioner. If your current air conditioning system needs to be replaced with a more efficient system or you are looking to purchase an air conditioner for the first time, the industry-leading team at IKE’S Air Conditioning is with you every step of the way.
We offer affordable AC Installation and replacement in San Antonio for homes and businesses. As a family-and-veteran owned business, we have provided exceptional services for over 45 years. When you need a top-of-the-line air conditioner that won’t break the bank, look no further than our experienced air conditioning installation team.
How Much Does it cost to Replace an AC Unit in San Antonio?
You should prepare to spend about $5,000 to replace a central air conditioner. However, you could end up spending upwards of $12,000 depending on several factors, including the square footage of your home, the AC unit manufacturer, SEER rating or efficiency, whether you need to remove or modify existing ductwork, and qualifying tax credits and rebates.
Aside from the size of your home and how compatible your current system is, much of what influences how much AC replacement costs depends on the capacity and brand you choose.
When Is it Time for a New AC Installation?
Whether you’ve owned your home for years or you just moved in, you expect your air conditioning unit to keep you comfortable throughout the warm summer months, preferably without breaking the bank. What happens, though, when you notice your unit just isn’t performing as it should?
Air conditioning units that already have years under their belts may require constant upkeep of their most important systems, such as the compressor or condenser fan motor. If you have an older unit, replacing it can start saving you money right away and improve overall home comfort. If you double your Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating, for example, you may notice your AC energy costs drastically drop and your home will cool more quickly, evenly and efficiently.
It may be difficult to know exactly when you should replace your air conditioning unit with a new one. You may be worried about the upfront investment required for a new system, but a modern unit can help prevent higher utility recurring AC repairs.
Signs you need an AC replacement include:
- It has been at least 10 years since you have replaced your unit - Usually AC units last about 10-15 years depending on use, environment, and maintenance. If your unit is in that range, you should know that AC replacement is on the horizon.
- The unit is not energy-efficient and is expensive to operate - As air conditioning units age, they'll become less efficient over time. This means that they'll still keep your indoor environment at the same temperature, but require more electricity to do so which won't come free.
- You need additional coolant added to your system due to a leak - Also, if your unit uses R22 Freon, it might be time to consult our San Antonio AC replacement experts. While these units will still work under the Freon Ban, the coolant will become increasingly costprohibitive.
- Repairs become costly and frequent - At some point, repairing your AC unit for the umpteenth time is going to be more expensive than consulting our San Antonio AC installation experts. Older units not only need more repairs, but the repairs can be costly as old parts become harder to find.
- Your home isn’t as cool as it should be - Another symptom of a dying unit is that it just isn't cooling. Also, if it's not taking out the humidity in your home like it used to, it could be facing the end of its use as well.
Having regular AC maintenance services performed on your unit is one of the best ways to keep it operating efficiently for a longer time. After you install your new AC system we recommend professional maintenance at least once a year.
4 Things To Consider When Choosing The Right AC Installation
1. Size - When choosing the right AC installation, we have to get the right size AC. Not only do different homeowners have different desires for how much of their homes they want cooled, but there is no repair that can change the size of your AC so we only have one chance to get it right.
2. Budgetary constraints - There are different makes and models available to you at varying price points. Make sure to ask your San Antonio AC installation expert who will have all of the details available to you.
3. Energy efficiency - When electing the proper unit for an AC installation, energy efficiency is at the front of everybody's minds. Not only is it better for the environment, but it's easier on your wallet when you use less electricity on a ductless mini split for example.
4. Existing duct work - If you don't have existing duct work in your home then your San Antonio AC installation is going to be much more expensive if you decide to build duct infrastructure. In these instances it's in your best interest to consider going ductless.
Why Choose IKE'S Air Conditioning?
When you have made the decision to install a new air conditioning unit, choose the experienced San Antonio AC installation team at IKE’S Air Conditioning. We use modern technology and high-performance equipment to provide your home with the cooling services you deserve. With an extended warranty for high-efficiency air conditioning equipment such as Mitsubishi ductless AC units, best-in-the-industry customer service, and financing options, you can be confident that you will receive the best products at an affordable price.
We Prioritize Honesty & Integrity
100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Flexible & Affordable Financing Options Available
Our Fully Stocked Warehouse Saves You Time on Delivery & Repairs
Technicians Available 24/7
Proudly Family-Owned & Veteran Operated
At IKE'S Air Conditioning, we strive to provide fast, efficient and thorough service so you stay safe and comfortable in your space. The care we pour into each job is one of the many reasons we are the premier heating and air conditioning team in San Antonio. Just take a look at and see what our past customers are saying about us!